For most of us, a diamond is a diamond. We don’t care where it comes from or how it was made, we just want one that looks pretty and has the right price tag. But for some people, these “diamonds” have become more than just an accessory—they’re a symbol of love and commitment. These people tend to be more environmentally conscious than others, too; they want their diamonds to be ethically sourced and sustainable so they’re not causing harm to our planet when they get married. Enter lab grown diamonds!
Why go for lab grown diamonds?
So, why are lab grown diamonds superior to mined diamonds?
- They’re more affordable. Mined diamonds are expensive because of the cost of mining them, which can be as much as $10 million per hectare (that’s about 2 1/2 acres). In contrast, you can grow a diamond in your lab for less than $100 per carat and then sell it for up to 10 times that amount–or even more if you want to get fancy with custom cuts or color options!
- They have a better environmental impact. Growing diamonds in a lab requires less energy than mining them naturally; there is also no need for harmful chemicals like cyanide during this process. This makes them better for both humans and wildlife alike!
What are the benefits?
The benefits of lab-grown diamonds are numerous. First, they are eco-friendly. Diamonds are mined from the earth, which means that you’ll be using less energy to produce them. This is especially important when you consider how many people choose to purchase an expensive engagement ring for their loved ones.
Second, lab-grown diamonds are less expensive than mined diamonds–and some would argue that they look even better! The quality and clarity of mined diamonds cannot compare with those grown in labs; therefore, many couples choose one over the other based on price alone. Finally, there are many different shapes and colors available among lab grown stones that just aren’t found in nature (like blue).
Lab Grown Diamonds Are Environmentally Friendly
A lab-grown diamond is an eco-friendly option because it doesn’t require the mining of a diamond mine. In fact, there are no negative environmental impacts from a lab-grown diamond.
A conventional mined diamond requires a lot of land clearance before the actual digging begins; this means that trees and other vegetation need to be cleared away from the site. Likewise, wildlife must be removed from the area so that workers can safely work in their mines without being attacked by wild animals or insects such as bees and ants who could pose a threat to human life if left alone onsite during excavation operations (and who wouldn’t want honey after all?). Additionally, indigenous people often live near these mining sites which means they need somewhere else to go when their homes are destroyed by diamond miners looking for precious minerals underfoot!
Lab Grown Diamonds Do Not Have These Problems Because They Are Made Inside A Lab With No Need For Land Clearing Or Animal Removal:
Lab Grown Diamonds Are Cost Effective
Another reason why lab grown diamonds are so popular is that they are much more cost effective than mined diamonds. While mined diamonds have been around for thousands of years, lab grown ones have only been in use for about 50 years. This means that they haven’t had as much time to build their value and reputation as mined diamonds have had, which makes it easier for you to get an affordable price tag on your ring or necklace.
Lab grown diamonds are also environmentally friendly because they’re not being mined from the earth like natural gems; instead, they’re made in labs using technology similar to what’s used at NASA! That means less damage done to our planet while still getting all the sparkle and shine you’d expect from a real diamond (and then some).
Lab Grown Diamonds Come in a Variety of Colors and Shapes
Lab diamonds come in a variety of colors and shapes. They can be either round, princess or asscher cuts and can be any size. Other than that, there are no limitations on what you can get your hands on!
- Red: These are the most common type of lab-grown diamonds and look like a traditional engagement ring. Red is known as the rarest color for natural diamonds but it’s one of the most common colors for lab-grown ones because they’re so easy to make at scale.
- Green: Green is another popular choice for lab grown diamond rings because it’s not too far off from yellow gold–which makes matching earrings easier if you want them to match your engagement ring or wedding band. It also helps that green doesn’t cost much more than white or clear stones (around 5% more).
- Blue & Black: If you’re looking for something more unique than reds & greens then consider blue or black colored stones! These tend to be smaller in size compared against other options but still just as beautiful when set into jewelry pieces such as pendants & bracelets where their sparkle really shines through thanks partly due their bright appearance which makes them stand out even more against darker backgrounds such as black velvet materials used commonly found inside purses/bags etc..
Lab Grown Diamonds Last Longer than Natural Diamonds
- Lab Grown Diamonds are more durable than mined diamonds.
- Lab Grown Diamonds are more scratch resistant than mined diamonds.
- Lab Grown Diamonds are more heat resistant than mined diamonds.
- Lab Grown Diamonds are more impact resistant than mined diamonds
How do they stack up against mined diamonds?
Mined diamonds are expensive. A 1 carat mined diamond will cost you between $5,000 and $8,000. In comparison, a lab-grown diamond of the same size will cost around $1,500 to $2,000–and that’s before you even factor in the cost of an engagement ring or wedding band!
Lab-grown diamonds are also more environmentally friendly than mined ones because they require less energy to create them and they don’t have to travel long distances like most mined gems do. This means they won’t add greenhouse gases into our atmosphere when being transported from Africa or Brazil where most mined diamonds come from (not including Canada).
Another benefit is that you can get unique shapes for your rings using lab-created stones instead of traditional round cuts like princesses or emerald cuts that most people know about but aren’t always available at every jewelry store because only certain cutters can make them properly so it takes time for those orders to come through before being shipped out again making purchasing decisions difficult sometimes especially if there isn’t much time left until the wedding day arrives!
Lab grown diamonds are a great option for those who want to get married and still be environmentally friendly. They’re also a cheaper alternative to mined diamonds, which means you can spend more money on other things like an extravagant honeymoon or a house deposit – without having to worry about how much money it’ll cost!